Walker & Dunlop strives to be the DE&I leader in the commercial real estate industry. To ensure we’re continuously in alignment with this mission, we track our achievements throughout the year and compile our findings into an annual DE&I report. We’re pleased to share some of the highlights of this year’s report with you.
Key Highlights from Walker & Dunlop DE&I Report 2022
Our annual report reflects the efforts of many who have engaged, learned, and grown from our DE&I efforts. It also features insightful content about our Employee Resource Groups, goals and accomplishments, and an overarching emphasis on DE&I in the corporate culture.
Here are key highlights about our growth in diversity in 2022. You can view the full report here.
- 22 percent of W&D employees are racially or ethnically diverse
- 36 percent of W&D employees are women
- Increased Women in Assistant Vice President (AVP)/Associate Director (AD) positions by 3 percent from 2020 to 2022
- Increased Racial/Ethnic diversity in AVP/AD positions by 2 percent from 2020 to 2022
- 6,700+ volunteer hours logged
Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) & Partnerships
- Introduced the AsiaPac Alliance as our newest ERG in 2022
- Revived our Caregivers ERG
- Initiated a process to start a Neurodiversity ERG with a formal launch in early 2023 (now known as the Minds of All Kinds ERG)
- Created the MERGE Webcast for employees to share their personal stories with diversity
- Started an LGBTQ+ book club with W&D members
- Hosted Boston Gay Real Estate Group event
- Completed the first Women of Walker & Dunlop mentorship program
- Hosted W&D’s first Women’s Summit in Nashville
- Led company-wide observances for Memorial Day and Veteran’s Day, including participation in Wreaths Across America
- Initiated Hispanic/Latino-focused campus recruiting program with the Unidos ERG
- Donated $10,000 to the Hispanic Scholarship Fund and Hispanic Federation charitable organizations
- Led a month-long Black History Month celebration with elected officials, university chairs, and motivational speakers
- Attended AfroTech conference to introduce Walker & Dunlop to the premier tech, investing, and wealth-building platform for the Black community
Accolades and Awards
- 3x inclusion in the Corporate Diversity Index (Washington Business Journal)
- Inclusion in the Gender Equity At Work Index (Bloomberg)
- Black Equity at Work Certification
Our Commitment Continues in 2023
Looking back at our accomplishments in 2022 creates excitement and awareness for 2023. We’re proud of our growth in the past year and believe these achievements provide a strong foundation on which we’re currently building in 2023. With our ongoing conscientious efforts, we hope to significantly improve the communities in which we live and work — and inspire others to do the same.