Bethesda, Maryland – October 19, 2017
Walker & Dunlop, Inc. (NYSE: WD) (the “Company”) announced today that it ranked #13 on the 2017 Best Medium Workplaces list by Great Place to Work® and Fortune Magazine, jumping 20 places from its ranking last year. This is the fifth time in six years that Walker & Dunlop has been recognized on this list. Chairman and CEO, Willy Walker, commented, “We’ve always believed that if we built a great place to work, that the financial results would follow.” Walker & Dunlop was just ranked #17 on Fortune Magazine’s list of Fastest Growing Companies based on growth in revenues, earnings, and total shareholder return over the past three years.
Walker & Dunlop earned a spot on this list based on employees’ assessment of the camaraderie, leadership, fairness, rewards, and career opportunities enjoyed by all in their workplace. The survey results highlighted that employees feel a strong sense of camaraderie, pride in the Company, and respect for Walker & Dunlop’s leadership.
Camaraderie among employees
- 95% of survey respondents said that people care about each other at Walker & Dunlop.
- “We have a small company feel and are all on a first name basis regardless of position. We are encouraged to get to know coworkers on a personal level and to support each other,” stated one survey respondent.
Pride in the Company
- 97% said they are proud to tell people they work at Walker & Dunlop
- “This company is ever-evolving, forward-thinking in how it executes business and connects with its stakeholders. Walker & Dunlop aligns its business practices and core values, and continuously creates value to the Company’s bottom line by building trust, ensuring that trust, and empowering its people,” commented one Walker & Dunlop employee.
Respect for leadership
- 96% said that Walker & Dunlop executives fully embody the best characteristics of the Company.
- Another survey respondent stated, “I have never been in an environment with more transparent, open, and consistent leadership. Management takes the open-door policy very seriously, and managers always make time to answer questions.”
The Best Workplaces were chosen based on 74,000 anonymous surveys from employees at hundreds of businesses in all sectors of the economy. The winning organizations are more likely than their peers to maintain a healthy organizational culture as they grow larger and more complex.
To learn more about what makes Walker & Dunlop a great place to work, visit our website.
About Walker & Dunlop
Walker & Dunlop (NYSE: WD), headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, is one of the largest commercial real estate services and finance companies in the United States providing financing and investment sales to owners of multifamily and commercial properties. Walker & Dunlop, which is included in the S&P SmallCap 600 Index, has over 600 professionals in 28 offices across the nation with an unyielding commitment to client satisfaction.